Ignite! Impact Awards
Launched in 2019, the Ignite! Impact Awards were created to amplify the voices of those traditionally under-represented in the entrepreneurship world, and provide them with tools and resources that will set them up for future success.
What Do Ignite! Impact Award Winners Receive?
- A cash or in-kind (typically toward space rental in IngenuityLabs) micro-grant of up to $500 which can be used towards project(s) that impact others, or advance and unlock opportunities for growth
- Consulting time with Ingenuity team members who can provide guidance and direction towards growing your business - this includes a 1 hour introductory discussion, 1 hour session with us or a specialized consultant from our network, and a 1 hour "planning for the future" session.
- An opportunity to pursue fiscal agency for projects, subject to the review and approval of Ingenuity
- A marketing package that includes opportunities to exhibit at IngeniutyFest, the Ingenuity Bal and other Ingenuity-sponsored events, social media, e-newsletter spotlights, and more
Myra Rosario, Latino Cleveland
Founder of Latino Cleveland, Myra has worked tirelessly to give a voice to entrepreneurs and creatives in the Latino Community. Her Impact Award allowed for weekly web shows which support the growth of the Northeast Ohio Hispanic community, bridge the gap between the Hispanic and Non-Hispanics, and fulfill the need for innovative bilingual Hispanic-centered media.
Kenny Perdue, RollinBuckeyez
Known for his pop-up roller rinks, RollinBuckeyez nonprofit goes far beyond skates and helmets. Kenny creates and provides space that encourages diverse, inter-generational community-building, uninhibited artistic expression, and healthier lifestyle choices. His impact award will enable him to continue to build on this mission and reach further into the communities around us.
Malaz Elgemiabby, Habobba
Inspired by her late grandmother's legacy, Malaz is converting a campervan into a mobile storytelling studio, called Habboba. Habboba is a vehicle (literally!) for transformation to our communities, and a safe space to learn about and from each other. Habobba's first stop is "Salam" which means "peace" in Arabic. The goal of this series is to engage the Sudanese communities in Cleveland in a dialogue about peace and what it means to them.
Jaered Andrews, Artists in Recovery (AIR216)
Apply or Nominate Someone!
Special Notes for Spring/Summer 2020: In light of current community events, we are expanding our Ignite! Impact Award program to focus on two key aspects of community recovery and healing:
- Solutions focused on immediate COVID-19 relief.
- Solutions focused on long-term COVID-19 recovery, community resiliency, and connectivity.
- Strategies that improve digital access and digital equity
- Socially-distanced interventions that uplift and enliven
- Solutions and conversations centered on social and racial justice, equity, and police-community relations.
Immediate cash & consulting assistance is available and recipients will be notified with acceptance or deferral within two weeks of application. Successful applications will leverage resources to support a network beyond the applicant.*
Examples of COVID-19 relief could include (but are not limited to): furthering the manufacture and distribution of PPE at a meaningful scale for key communities; strategies to improve digital access to arts, culture, educational, and community-building during social distancing for targeted populations; enhancing long-term networks and resources for community resiliency.
Equity & Justice Solution examples could include (but are not limited to): creating spaces for community dialogue which reach across social and cultural boundaries; expressing messages of hope, healing and change that amplify voices of those who are most impacted; providing immediate support to marginalized communities through creative, entrepreneurial or artistic solutions
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
This program supported by:
Ohio Arts Council, Cuyahoga Arts and Culture & Famicos Foundation
Interested in joining as a Corporate Sponsor of this program and making change in our community? Email firstname.lastname@example.org