IngenuityFest 2018: FuturePast will be held at the Hamilton Collaborative September 28-30. Our theme celebrates the return of cherished traditions melded with the drive toward progress, forging a reimagined future. It represents whimsical ideation, a homecoming as our former industrial facility reawakens with new art and manufacturing, and the hum of imagination from the many artists, inventors, and renaissance (wo)men who call the Collaborative home.
In 2018, our audience will be invited to travel through time and space: help us imagine the many forms of these FuturePast worlds can take by participating as an vendor, exhibitor or musician (applications HERE) or by participating as an artist, illustrator or graphic designer int he Ingenuity 2018 FuturePast Design Competition! Entries for commission considered on a rolling basis, so the sooner you apply, the more likely we are to work with you!
There are so many ways these theme can play out: revisit the mechanical imaginings of polymath Leonardo DiVinci, celebrate the elegant machines of the Victorian era, or look ahead at the technologies of the future…
Ingenuity opens 2018 with a competition for designers and illustrators to help us bring our theme to life. Entrants will submit work samples according to the guidelines below. All entries will be printed large scale with name and artist statement for exhibition at IngenuityFest 2018, and receive online publication via web and Facebook with link to author’s personal webpage.
Selected entrants will be offered paid contracts to work with Ingenuity over the course of the year on collateral such and posters, postcards, programs and large-scale signage (Contracts vary, but have ranged in price from $300 to $3,000). In addition, 3 popular vote winners will receive a $100 cash prize. Popular vote details announced mid-summer.
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- Name, email, phone number, website/portfolio site
- Artist Statement/Bio (50 words or less)
- Statement regarding the design approach/inspiration for FuturePast (100 words or less)
- Large Asset (Vector Design, or 11×17 @ 300 dpi equivalent)
MUST include the words : Ingenuity and FuturePast
May include the words: IngenuityFest 2018 FuturePast, Hamilton Collaborative, Saint Clair Superior, September 28-30
Art, Sound, Movement, Technology, Creativity, Innovation, Connection, Idea
- Sketches/Progress work: at least one, up to five.
- Logos/ details: at least one, up to five.
- Color/texture pallet: at least 3 swatches.
- Photo or design inspiration: at least one, up to five. Must include correct credit/attribution.Ingenuity reserves the right to publish any materials received, with attribution to the artist. Artist retains copyright. Produced in proud partnership with our friends at Lake Erie Graphics, Inc.
Need some inspiration to get you started? Cover Design is Steampunk Motherboard by Derek Prospero @ derekprospero.com. See below for work by more artists!